Exploring the world in comfort
As the world's leading river cruise line, since its 1997 inception the company has grown to a fleet of over 60 river vessels offering scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Egypt, Portugal and Southeast Asia and recently debuted their beautiful new ocean vessel, the sophisticated and state-of-the-art Viking Star hosting 930 guests on itineraries in Scandinavia, the Baltic and the Western and Eastern Mediterranean.
Viking Cruises offers destination-centric river and ocean cruising – exciting journeys that are competitively priced for genuine value including such items as shore excursions and wine or beer with onboard meals. There is also a strong focus on enrichment through small-group touring by local guides, regional foods, and “Privileged Access” for in-depth exploration of every Viking destination. Enrichment programs bring history and culture to life through onboard lectures, language classes, hands-on cooking demonstrations, and local entertainment to complement included shore excursions. And every itinerary is specifically designed to offer longer hours in port than competitors, including late evening stays and overnights to take advantage of nightlife in the world’s most exotic and exciting ports of call.
- Cruise Critic Editors’ Picks, “Best New Ocean Ship” (Viking Star) – 2015
- Travel + Leisure, “World's Best River Cruise Line” – 2013 & 2015
- Cruise Critic Editors’ Picks, “Best River Cruise Line” – 2011-2015
- Condé Nast Traveler “World’s Best – Gold List” – 2014
- Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Award, “Best River Cruise Line” – 2006-2014
- TravelAge West WAVE Award, “Best Overall Line for River Cruising” – 2006-2015